Tuesday, March 9, 2010

5. Keep a daily log or chart on the number of minutes each day for seven days that you are in the out-of-doors and what you are doing outside.

For this activity I chose to evaluate my typical week at school. Monday through Wednesday I am on campus most of the day for school. Thursday through Saturday I work at Enterprise Rent-A-Car, and Sunday is my chill day.


Monday= A rough estimate for the amount of time I spend outdoors on Mondays is approximately 1 hour. The only time I am honestly outdoors on Mondays is when I am walking to and from my classes and then to and from my car.


Tuesday= For the purpose of this exercise I am going to say that it is a field trip day for class this week. With that being said I would put my outdoor time at approximately 5 hours for Tuesdays. If we are on a field trip from 11 am until 3pm, I would imagine we are outdoors for 3 of those hours. The other two are from playing volleyball at the beach courts on campus, every Tuesday I try to play for at least an hour and a half or so.


Wednesdays= Wednesdays are the same schedule for me as Mondays but on Wednesdays I also play flag football at night. The games take an hour and I am usually out there for at least another hour warming up or hanging out.


Thursday/Friday/Saturday= these are all work days for me. For the most part, I am indoors throughout the day. But I will give myself 1 hour each day for being outdoors. Whether that’s simply walking to and from my car or being outdoors washing cars or putting customers in rent-a-cars.
Sunday= Today is always a wildcard day for me, I try to exercise on Sundays by either going for a run or doing sets of pushups/sit-ups. Again for the sake of this exercise, I will give myself 2 hours of outdoor time.


Total = that puts me at a grand total of 14 hours or 840 minutes. A full week is 168 hours and 10,080 minutes. When you look at things from this perspective it is simply amazing. I would consider myself a fairly active person and I am still only outdoors for approximately 8.3% of the time. I would love to get myself to at least 10 percent, because I am not fully taking advantage of the world around me by being inside all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment